Friday, February 11, 2011

Double Fudge Brownies

"All I really need is love, but a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt!"




-- Lucy Van Pelt in Peanuts by Charles M. Schulz
Well in honor of Valentine's Day and chocolate, I give you an incredibly easy brownie recipe. While searching for a brownie recipe, I wanted one that tasted better than a mix, because what would be the point, and one that didn't require melting chocolate because that seems like too much work. This brownies whip up in almost as much time as a mix, but taste so much better. They are thick, rich, and taste exactly like what you want a brownie to taste like. I also love this recipe because I always seem to have these ingredients on hand and ready to go.


Our Ingredients: 
Brownies are pretty basic: eggs, butter, lots of sugar and chocolate, and some flour and salt. Don't be afraid of butter or sugar because you're baking and these are essential and real ingredients. (Just don't eat the whole pan)


Step one: Mix the melted butter, sugar, and vanilla. 


Then mix in the eggs one at a time
Now, whisk together your flour, cocoa powder, and salt. Slowly add this mixture to your butter mixture.


It's time for the chocolate chips! Or the peanut butter chips! Or the butterscotch chip! They'll all taste good.


Spread the batter into a prepared 13x9 inch pan, and bake for 35-40 minutes at 350 degrees.

To finish these brownies, I let them cool and then used my heart-shaped cookie cutters to cut the brownies into hearts. However, they taste just as good when cut into normal squares. I calculated the cost of these brownies to be about $2. I buy most of my ingredients in bulk which cuts the cost. If you do a lot of baking, I would definitely recommend buying your flour and sugar in bulk. I also buy a 5 pound bag of chocolate chips at Costco, and I've used them all, several times. Chocolate? Yum!

Print this Recips: Double Fudge Brownies

No comments:

Post a Comment